LaceNews.net is a resource-rich home for lace researchers, collectors, makers and other enthusiasts - the primary emphasis being on bobbin and needle laces, with other techniques examined.
One goal is to post timely information on subjects such as:
- Original articles and editorials
- Interviews with fascinating lace people
- Events such as lace days, demonstrations, conferences and workshops, etc.
- General information on various lace organizations, from local to international
- Lacemaking competition information
- Profiles of significant lace collections in museums
- Lace-related exhibitions – permanent, rotating, and special topic
- Lace sales, especially on Ebay
and so much more!
I cannot put into words just how extensive LaceNews is... it is best to see for yourself.
You can also connect with LaceNews on
Here's a thought-provoking article that was published in 2011. While I'm not fond of joining after the manner of those from the 1800s, I think it would be good to try it at least once; for the sake of perspective. Who knows, if we can combine methods of the past with those of today - we might just come up with something totally unique...