I took a few moments today to work on my tatting project (going forward, will be justly named "the challenge"). 2 rings - that's all I managed to accomplish. Tatting with sewing thread is so tedious, that I can only do 1 - 2 elements at a time. I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to get the rings tatted, joined, and closed; with the last ring being joined to the first.

 

Even though the un-joined picots are a bit twisted, I'm thankful the joined picots aren't. It appears that 2 out of 4 un-joined picots only are twisted... so it could look as if it's meant to be that way; especially since they are opposite.

In the image on the right you can see just how small this segment is. The stitch count for each ring is 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 (with appropriate joins). That will give you some idea the size comparison if you've ever tatted with size 20 or 10 thread...

On the knitting front, I haven't had so much success with the horseshoe lace - my tension is not consistent enough for that. I have this habit of jumping in the deep end without knowing how to swim (metaphorically speaking). I don't know how many times I had to keep ripping out stitches to start over.... I'll get there though, one day.

Share if you Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *